CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Moving and renovating

We threw everything into boxes, threw the boxes in a rented truck and a rented trailer, cleaned the house and started our drive. Unfortunately, we ran into a snowstorm that had us stopping every few miles to clear the windshields and headlights. We finally gave up and spent the night in a motel. That put us home just in time for church on Sunday, and then it was night. Youngest son to the rescue. He came down mid-morning Monday and is such a good, hard worker that along with some young neighborhood kids to help, we unloaded the whole truck. Most of it went into the garage. We didn't get the truck back until the next morning - 24 hours late. However, we couldn't have made it earlier no matter what, and the rental place closed at 5pm. Sweet C. did some very quick renovation work and then flew back down to finish up his assignment in Vegas. I stayed here to unpack and meet with workers to try and get the house back together. What a mess!! I clean a spot, we do a little work and that spot is now covered with sheet rock dust, or stone dust or spilled something. I clean it again, and the dirt comes back again! I really wanted to get everything unpacked and put away before going back to Vegas in order to leave on our vacation (booked before all this came down.) It isn't going to happen. I have only unpacked the kitchen so far and still have to do everything else! (well, almost.)
On the other hand. . . .
I am so light hearted just to be home. I haven't had a minute to go out and weed or work in the yard, but just looking out and seeing grass, albeit brown grass, lifts my spirit. My friends are nearby. If I get lonely, I only need to step outside to see someone I know and love. I am soooo glad to be home. I love to travel, but need a home base, a place to come back to on a regular basis. Especially after our recent experience, I need a place that is mine. I hope Sweet C. gets to come home soon too, because I surely miss him when we are separated like this.

1 comments:

Yomama said...

Dawsh - so fun to find you here. I love your blog entries, with or without pics, it's like stepping into your life for a second. I'm happy you're home too, and look forward to seeing you this summer!
Lovealovealove you, Karla