CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The quilting machine.






I haven't posted forever, and don't really have time now. I am working too many hours for the census and when I get home, if I'm not too tired, I work on quilts. I really do quilt a lot but many seem to be for others, for gifts or charity, and too few for stock. However, Sweet C is making a lot of really cool new picnic quilts for sale. He's thinking $135 each. The latest is a hot pink and orange nine patch with hot pink butterflys quilted on it. Lovely.
I wanted to show the machine, but I have a really hard time getting the color right. However, here are a few, some with a quilt I did for my niece on it.
The top picture is from an open house we did at the office. A quilt of C's is on the left. The second one is a baby quilt I did recently that turned out nicely.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Mine is washed and it looks even more wonderful with the crinkles showing off the expert quilting job! Thanks so much for all your help. SG will love it!

Yomama said...

Yay! You're on your way to a wonderful quilting business - money issues aside, of course ;-}. It's way fun that yo man is enjoying the quilting fun with you! And is mighty talented, I might add. Next time we get together, I need put in an order...I am supposed to be in a ward quilting class, and can't even make it to the class, much less make any quilts... So I guess I'm not going to make quilts when I grow up; but I guess you can have that one, since your family rules! I'm still figuring me out. :-?
Love what you're doing, and I'm really proud of you all!
Hugs,
Lily

Shannon said...

Those are the coolest machines ever, and I'm loving seeing what you are doing with it. I remember going to arts and craft fairs as well as quilt fairs with you when I was younger and now look at you - you are making those amazing quilts! So when do you start taking orders? And what are your rates? I'm sure I couldn't afford you! ;)

Jennifer B said...

You are amazing. I love the quilts. So beautiful. Hope everything is going well with the job.=)