CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Popcorn Popping

As you can see the apricot tree is in full bloom.
I finally have a Saturday off when it isn't snowing. I got to do actual yard work! I trimmed roses, and raspberries and did a little weeding and took a huge load of stuff to the green-cycle. My neighbors helped because they don't have a trailer and wanted to take some too so we combined our efforts and it helped us both.

Sweet C has been remaking the pond and the waterfall. He is almost done and it looks wonderful. He has been doing lots of work in the yard, while I have been working 10-12 hour days. Sigh.
The magnolia tree is in full bloom, though I cannot figure out how to flip the picture.
And you really should wish you could smell the hyacinths and the magnolia blossoms.

I should add a few dozen more, in larger groupings.
We have had a real problem with deer this year, and most of the tulips have been chewed off terribly, but for some reason they don't eat the hyacinths.

I sure do love spring!!!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh yes, the beauty of life comes around again after the drab of winter, albeit beautiful white snow. I love your yard! I have seen a lot of magnolias around here and love them and the lilacs. They smell so good. Silly deer, don't they know flowers aren't food?!