CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tulip Festival

It's Tulip Festival Time at Thanksgiving Point Gardens. For those of you who cannot come, I thought I would give you a small virtual tour. Of course, this is only a taste. I took more than a hundred pictures, and didn't get nearly everything.

Some of the daffodils that are still out. I missed Daffodil Days, but really, I didn't miss many of the blooms.
I love this color mix.
This view is coming up the walk toward the top.

I love all views of the stream, but really like this one with the statue.
This is where the stream enters into the pond. There are usually lots of frogs here, but it is too early right now.
This is a view of the butterfly garden from the top of the hill.


I love the smell of hyacinths.
Isn't this a great daffodil!
This one is in the center of the secret garden. I couldn't show all views in there, but they are all lovely.



I wish I knew the name of the yellow drop flower.


This is the circle outside the gardens where you first come in.
And of course this is the gateway saying enter here and enjoy my blooms. I really would like to encourage anyone who lives nearby to go visit the gardens during tulip festival. It is so beautiful. They also have entertainment daily.

2 comments:

AdaMandy said...

I love these pictures. They are so beautiful! tulips are my absolute favorite. I'm jealous! I'll have to make a mental note to visit more often in the spring.
-By the way I would love any recipes you are willing to send my way (In response to your comment on my blog)

Alisa F. said...

I'm at Alisa's for the new baby, and the order I read put this after your tough day. Well, it's such a beautiful, cheerful post, I suggest you brighten your day by looking at your incredible pictures of the gardens! It brightened mine!
Love you, sista - Karlily