CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

In Praise of PA

I noticed something on TREK (more to come) that made me think of my own children in regards to their Dad. We had been asked to make sure the carts were clean before we turned them in, take a stick and clean the mud off the wheels, take the knots out of the rope etc. One of the boys mentioned that we didn't have mud on the wheels and I said that that was because Pa Pinette cleaned them every time we stopped for a break. They looked at me in surprise, none of them had even noticed. They hadn't noticed him cleaning up the campground after them, that he did most of the set up of camp, that he subtley checked with the kids to see that they were doing ok, and monitored the weather and encouraged them to eat right and put on sunscreen and drink lots of water, etc, etc.
My husband has always worked so hard to provide for the family, and did so many things quietly in the background for our comfort and safety. He works so ingeniously sometimes to serve us that I think they missed a lot of what he did while they were home. I wonder if they have any clue how much he worries about them now, how he pleads with the Lord for them. Doesn't help that mom is so outspoken either. He works constantly to take care of us all! I just want to say that my husband is an incredible man who serves daily all people that he comes in contact with, feels responsible for. His primary class, his employees, his wife and kids. . . . He is a wonderful man who happens to be a little on the shy side. And I love him dearly!!!

5 comments:

Yomama said...

Hooray for "Pa Pinette" and men like him; too bad for the Trek kids and others who fail to notice the pure service he renders; and way to go for pointing it all out in this post that says it all so much more - oh, classy, I guess - than I did on my blog! Hug your man for me, and see you soon!

AJ said...

He is a great guy. We love him too.

Judy said...

I know I love that sweet husband of yours - though not the same I am sure. He's just an all around great person and I'm so glad you are my neighbors!

Judy said...

I know I love that sweet husband of yours - though not the same I am sure. He's just an all around great person and I'm so glad you are my neighbors!

D/E G said...

Yes, he is a good man and his quiet fortitude suits him well. I think all of your kids have noticed each of your strengths, it's just hard for most of us to convey feelings to those most important in our lives.