CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cactus Flower


I started this top soon after I started learning to quilt - took a class at Quilt Fest. I didn't know enough to do something this complicated and made many mistakes, had to resew too many seams and it still is a bit distorted. I would like to enter it in the HMQS competition. Remember - I won an award there last year, and would like to do something wonderful this year. This quilt is supposed to have wide black borders with vines and flowers appliqued on it. However, the quilt pattern is called cactus flower, and I would prefer to applique on a cactus in bloom. I can't draw. Would any of you artistic relatives be willing to draw me a simple cactus in bloom that I could use as an applique? I still have to figure out what I want to quilt on it too. I'll keep you posted.

1 comments:

Judy said...

That looks like a crazy hard quilt!