CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Charity Quilts

Ok, so these didn't load in the order I wanted, or even the order I uploaded them in, but. . . .
This is a closeup of a quilt I quilted for the daughter of one of the policemen shot down in Ogden recently. The quilting is double hearts and daisies. I wish you could see it better because it really is cute.
This is the Quilts of Valor Quilt I did for the Utah Valley Quilt Guild.
Here is a close up of the quilting. You still can't tell really what it says. The border says "Thank you" and "Freedom isn't free" Inside the quilt along with an eagle, waving flag, star and award are the words "respect, honor, and thank you" It looks better than you can tell from the photo.
And this is the longer view of the little girls quilt. It's called X's and O's. The ladies in my bee did the blocks and one of them - the one who headed up the whole thing, set them. The stopborder is a brown and cream pocka dot and the border has tiny little squares of pink and brown and cream. I hope she likes it.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I love the hearts and daisies. that is a perfect pattern for a little girl. And the star pattern on the border of the military quilt is delightful for a little boy. I need to remember it for a star quilt I want to put together.

D/E G said...

They are all always amazing works of art. You are so kind to be sharing this talent with the charity quilts. I'm sure you will make some people very happy.