CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

rubys


I have spent a large part of the last 3 days finishing the beets. I bottled most, dried a few. Beets take me a long time. Digging, cleaning, trimming, boiling, skinning, cutting then bottling. I really like beets but wheew! I only a have a few more apples then I will be done with the harvest. I have a lot more trimming, and all the bulbs to plant still in the yard, and the weather has been perfect but I have been inside putting up the harvest! I hope I can get the yard all put together for the winter. I bought 20 dozen bulbs at the Thanksgiving Point bulb sale in the summer. Hope the spring is worth the work I need to do!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Those beets look beautiful. Lots of hard work, but such satisfaction when you see the end product and full shelves. I am feeling rather squirrel-ish these days, trying to get my nest built up for the long hard winter a head.

AdaMandy said...

I'm impressed! You never cease to amaze me. Hope things are good, just thought I'd say hi. I saw you at conference singing, your hair looks cute long. Tell the husband hi for us! Miss you guys!

Jennifer B said...

Mmmmm... I love canned beets. My grandma always had them growing up. =)