CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I love spring!

The lilacs are in bloom, there are still a few magnolia blossoms on the tree, my tulips are coming on in spurts since I have early, mid and late varieties.The grass is green and the trees are beginning to leaf out.  It is beautiful out there.
On the other hand, we are currently re-roofing our house.  Everyday (except Sunday) since last Wednesday I have spent the majority of my time up on the roof.  My feet hurt, my hands get numb and I have a backache.  It is so obvious that I am not in my thirties like I was when we built the house.  Yes, sweet C and I built this house ourselves.  That was 25 years ago, so much renovation is needed.  We have been doing things over the last 3 years, but I think the roof is the biggest project.  Building the deck last year took some time, but didn't cause the aches and pains.
I can hardly wait to be done with this one.  I have quilts to quilt, vegetables to put in, and Grand-babies coming.

1 comments:

Yomama said...

Beautiful and honest post, sista! Why don't you hire someone to do the dirty roofing job? (You have to know I'm kidding, since Tim only hires what he can't figure out, and that's not much...) So I hope you've recovered, and are enjoying the joys of Summer now!!
Much love,
Karlily
P.S. Mel is wishing she were there in your raspberry season. Wonder why? ;-D