CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 22, 2012

What happened to pretty?

At church today I was noticing the young women and the clothes they were wearing.  It made me sad.  Only two of the girls were wearing pretty clothing that fit.  The others all had trendy, messy, wrinkled outfits that seem to be the latest "fashion".  Most were wearing "t-shirts" of one sort or another.  Years ago that was certainly not considered church wear.  We wore our best as a sign of respect to God.  Now even adults wear "t-shirts".  I have often thought that "conspiring men in the latter days" included fashion designers whose only goal in life was to take our money, not to clothe us in modest and pretty ways.  Our leaders admonish us to be in the world but not of the world.  I take that to mean that if we need to make our own clothing to be modest then that is what we should do.  Years ago I made most of my clothing. There was a time when I wanted to be a fashion designer.  Funny, huh? I do other things with my time now.  Maybe I need to rethink that thought?

0 comments: