CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 8, 2008

harvest

The green beans are finally on. Tomatoes too. I planted late, and was beginning to think I would never get anything, but yesterday I picked nearly a large paper grocery bag full of green beans. yeah! I also got a meals worth of purple beans. The magpies ate most of the seeds after I put them in the ground. ( I am not a fan of magpies or robins!) The tomato plants have looked awful, but the tomatoes are fine, and will give me a few a day for the rest of the summer. Also, I have peaches. They are ripening a few at a time, and that is good because they are best right off the tree - oh, I have such delicious peaches!!! I think peaches right off the tree are one of my favorite foods.

3 comments:

D/E G said...

Those beans are such great nitrogen fixers; I would like to see a picture of what the purple ones look like. We love peaches too and are considering planting a peach tree here, though I've heard the peaches are not same as on your more northern trees. We're also thinking of a mango tree, but I've yet to see one thriving in person...

Jennifer B said...

I am really trying not to be jealous. We had a really good growing season of tomatoes but I would love to have green beans & peaches. We just haven't figured out how to make them grow here in Vegas. Enjoy some for me. =)

Judy said...

Thanks for letting us share in the harvest! -