CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh what do you do in the summer time?

Yesterday I went to visit a friend of mine (vt) who is having quite a gathering at her house this week. They are calling it "girls week". She, and all her daughters, (I know of 5) and all her granddaughters (15 so far) are gathered for the whole week to play, and visit, work on scrapbooks, do needlework and just be together before one of the older granddaughters gives birth to the first great-grandchild and another of the older granddaughters leaves on a mission for our church. They were already in a giggle-fest when I came to visit and only about half of them were there so far. I don't know what all the boys are doing this week, (15 grandsons also) but the girls are going to have fun!!!!
Today we took the wolf cub scouts to Moyle Park, which is a little pioneer re-enactment park in the next city over. They got to make candles and play all kinds of pioneer games and eat fresh churned butter on wheat bread, and visit a pioneer museum and have a picnic. We did not do all that one could do there. It was a very busy day at the park, the last day they will be open this summer; everyone there is a volunteer and has school year lives to lead.
Last Saturday was the last day of my city's little celebration. We went to the balloon launch, and the parade and ate some food cooked in the park, and listened to some of the music playing in the bandstand and watched the fireworks. We were right under the fireworks!!! We had a great time. I forgot to go to the art show though. I was so sleepy all day that I just forgot! To bad, it's one of my favorite things to do.

5 comments:

AJ said...

I remember as a little kid that the balloons were always my favorite thing we got to see while we were at your house. For some reason, the only time I ever saw hot air balloons was while we were at your house. Don't you just love summer!

Yomama said...

I was fascinated with your opinions about the drug war,and was impressed with your views. Without having given it as much thought as you, I think I agree with you. Anyway, I wanted to comment here instead and kill the proverbial two birds with one stone; I love how you and others whose blogs I check in on take the time to enjoy events around you. I think I and mine in this house have gotten too caught up in the labors of the day and the easy relaxations provided inside and we aren't enjoying our world and community enough. Thanks for making me squirm while I enjoyed your summer by proxy! Love you - Lily

Judy said...

Did you hollar at Michele when the band marched by?

Lynn said...

Judy- I always holler at Michele when the band goes by. I saw her at the Provo parade, and at Lehi too. And of course at Highland. I'd go to all the parades if I had time.

Lynn said...

Lily, I hope you read all 4 installments on the drug war and formed that opinion. I just don't want you to think the last one was all I said.