CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

For the good of the Nation

I've tried to say very little about the election. I can get way too caught up in politics and I am trying to become a kinder, gentler, more spiritual person so . . . . . Talk about being of two minds. I am so torn. I really don't believe either of our choices for president is good for the country. In fact, I don't think either party is good for the country. Politics has become so much about power - their personal power and party power, and so little about the good of the nation. No one in power really cares about the American people. Mostly, I think ethics, personal and political, have gone by the way side. I think we really, really need a return to the Constitution and to real values, such as honesty and integrity. To doing things for the greater good. We really need to stop the constant spending, spending spending without the funds to back it. We are so terribly in debt and no one seems to think about putting the brakes on. It is all so very depressing.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I find it so scary I could easily become an isolationist!

Jennifer B said...

I have to agree with you. It seems like there are so many people in the same boat. Since we are in a swing state I feel like I have to vote for someone that can win. Even if I feel like I am picking the lesser of 2 evils. Argh...