CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hummingbirds

I am a real fan of hummingbirds, and have tried for years to attract them to my home. Yesterday I saw one sitting in a tree near my back window. I rushed to clean and fill the feeder, since they won't come back if they aren't fed. Success! A bird come to drink there. My feeder hangs outside a window near a trumpet vine and a mimosa tree. Both of those are also supposed to be beloved of hummingbirds. However, I thought I had lost my mimosa tree. No signs of life. Finally I noticed that there are buds in the upper branches. I may have lost some lower branches due to the cold last winter, but I am happy to report, the tree is alive. (I would HATE to lose another tree at this point, I am still suffering from loss of the willow!)

0 comments: