CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thanksgiving Point Gardens

We went walking in the Gardens this morning early. Incredibly beautiful. We got our membership during the Tulip Festival, but due to the weather here in Utah this year, the tulips weren't actually out yet. (much) I could tell they would be within a couple of weeks, but I was laughing at some of the visitors there that day who were complaining about the lack of flowers. " What are they trying to pull, I thought this was supposed to be a Tulip Festival. They don't have any flowers!" You could see the greenery everywhere, and anyone who knows anything about gardening could tell they would be blooming later. The managers can't control the weather! Besides, they had lots of entertainment and booths and food, singers and artists to make it worth the price of admission even if the flowers weren't yet out in full force. Anyway, last week and this week the gardens have been gorgeous. With our couples membership we get to go early in the morning and walk when there is no one else there but the workers. It is always a lovely way to get our morning exercise. The flowering trees are also very much in bloom right now. I absolutely love spring flowers; hyacinths, tulips, and daffodils, etc. I don't have enough tulips myself so I hope to remember to get to the Gardens to buy their bulbs as they pull them out. Next year my house will be better in the spring. And soon, my lilacs will all be open! I don't have much done in the yard yet, still opening boxes and sorting stuff out to give to D.I. but I am gradually cleaning up the winter mess. Wish I could clone me. Remember "Multiplicity" ? I want three of me to work together on the same jobs. We could have fun together and get much done in garden and house.

0 comments: