CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

Changeable weather

It is raining again at my house. I love the rain! We live in a desert, so every drop is precious, and it is just so good for the garden. (nitrogen and all that) On the news last night they said bad weather was coming and I actually thought they meant hot weather was coming, since to me, jumping 30 degrees in one day is a bad thing. Very hard on the plants. Well, within a week we will be up 30 degrees again. We keep going back and forth from quite cold to quite hot. Sigh. I still have not found time to till my vegetable garden and I only have about a quarter of my bedding plants (flowers) in the ground. I hired some little boys from the neighborhood to clear out from around my tree stump so I could remove it, but they aren’t done yet. Darn it, they have lives beyond helping me. I’m a little scared of running the stump remover, since it is a big heavy machine. And last of all, I am not looking forward to cleaning out my pond, which is full of slime and therefore badly needs attention. All this complaining has one reason. I injured my arm and it is not better. I cannot control it properly or lift anything heavy. It is even hard to pump a sprayer.

0 comments: