CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

HighWind Utah


There was a big wind storm at the beginning of the week and it took down my corn. I didn't think to take a picture until I had removed most of the stalks but here is a shot of the last few rows. I still got nearly an ear of corn per kernal planted as I got both ears from some stalks so I can't complain too much, but there were quite a few that would have matured later, if the wind hadn't taken them down. I also lost a lot of green plums. Don't know why, since they are so green you wouldn't think they would blow down. Sigh. The saddest part is that I think I may have lost some hummingbirds. I had quite a little flock coming before the storm. I didn't see any during or after the storm, for days after the storm. Two days ago one showed up, and that is all I have seen since.

0 comments: