CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The non-chef

Monday was Labor day, so I was at my husbands place of work, feeding the troops. I do this often, since on a big sale day the employees can't leave to go buy lunch. Usually I set out a make-your-own sandwich bar, I have been known to do chili, or bring in food from Appleby's or Boston Market. I have done salads and desserts. This week I made two types of soup and put them in crock pots to keep them warm. Two problems: One of the crock pots was missing the knob and couldn't be turned down to warm, and I made chicken noodle as one of the soups but there are fewer employees at this store and they were very busy so didn't all come up to eat near noon. When you leave noodles cooking for a long time they become rather mushy. (still tasted good but the texture was soft)
This is the part I find hilarious. I often feed 60 to 250 people at a time, and I don't cook!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer B said...

Wow you are amazing. Did I mention we miss you here. =)

Lynn said...

Actually, I miss you all too. I hate change, and leaving people I know.

Judy said...

I think your non-chef attitude is just a ploy to keep your husband in the kitchen. You can cook, you just don't like to! Big difference!!