CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Matter of Thought

This is the poem by Henry Van Dyke that I mentioned earlier:

I hold it true that thoughts are things;
They're endowed with bodies, breath and wings;
And that we send them forth to fill
The world with good results, or ill.

That which we call our secret thought
Speeds forth to earth's remotest spot,
Leaving its blessing or its woes
Like tracks behind it as it goes.

We build our future, thought by thought,
For good or ill, yet know it not.
Yet so the universe was wrought.

Someone I have seen much of lately, Merilee Webb, talks a lot about the fruit that we produce. How often, when we think bad thoughts, or negative thoughts, or even just less than nice thoughts, we send those thoughts forth to sicken others with our 'bad fruit'. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to any and everyone I have sickened with my 'bad fruit' and to promise that I am trying very hard not to do that anymore.

0 comments: