CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

old houses





While in Iowa I worked on some crafts for my granddaughters room, and some pillows for her mother's classroom (sorry, I forgot to take pictures) and I walked around the neighborhood looking at pretty houses. I have a thing for good looking older homes. I thought maybe I would share a few with you. The last few I took were just to show porch swings, I'm showing you one. As anyone has been to my house knows, I love porch swings. I have one on the front porch and one in the rec room. New houses are just boring compared to some of the homes I saw in Iowa!

3 comments:

AJ said...

I love old houses too. I prefer them to almost any new house I have ever seen. Those ones look a lot like many around here, which makes sense, since they are in a similar area.
The train ride looked very fun as well. That is something I have always wanted to do. I have been on short rides, but how cool to go across the country.
What part of Iowa do they live in? We are less than an hour from the Iowa border so it is probably not too far away. We will have to plan to see you when you visit again.

Lynn said...

They are in North Liberty, near Iowa City. Where are you???? (remember I didn't hear anything living in Vegas)

AJ said...

We are in Rochester, MN. We weren't very good about spreading the word about our move either.