CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

summer pleasures

One of the best things about summer is a beautiful sunrise. The sky is deep blue and the clouds begin to look purple in contrast, then they fade to pink, then apricot, then gold. We don't get a lot of clouds here in the desert so every sunrise of color is cherished.
I also love the fireworks. All the little cities around here have their own celebrations. Some have free entertainment and parades, others bring in carnivals. But they all have fireworks. Last Saturday night I was just getting into bed when I heard the fireworks from the city just south of me start. I couldn't see well from the main floor windows because of the trees next door, but from upstairs I had a perfect view. This Saturday the city to the east of me will have fireworks and the Saturday after that is my own city's celebration, and we always have great fireworks - just barely north of my own neighborhood! Yeah!!! It was really sad that on the 4th of July my granddaughter and I had to get up too early the next morning to catch the train and were unable to stay up to see the fireworks. Sorry darlin' maybe next year?!?
I also love a beautiful sunny summer day (if it isn't too, too hot, and it hasn't been for a couple of days here) where you can lay on the grass and watch the clouds tower over your head making pretty pictures for you to find. The trees and the grass are green, the bees are buzzing, and if you just pulled a milkweed plant your fingers are sticky and feel like any minutes you should run through the sprinklers. What fun!

0 comments: