CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Why I don't take drugs.

See, the thing is, I did take drugs once. Well 3 times to be exact. I was young, it was the time and place for it (hippy – you know?) and I had much anger and rebellion in me. I pretty much did it to make my dad mad and because he had accused me of it so many times already. Of course, I didn’t tell him I was smoking pot. I also didn’t tell him all the good things I did later to try and please him so there you go!

Smoking pot with friends resulted in - First time: felt kind of mellow and didn’t care about anything. Second time: again, mellow but wondered “what is the big deal?” and Third time: got some “pot” that had been laced with angel dust (or something!). I was dizzy, wobbly, saw weird lights and movement, could barely stand up and felt paranoid and completely out of control!!!

I came to 3 conclusions:

1) Drugs cost money (lots of money) and I don’t like the people you give the money to.

2) You don’t know what you are going to get, but for sure the people you are getting it from don’t care about you or your needs.

3) It is illegal and definitely not worth breaking the law over.

I never smoked pot again and never tried any other illegal drugs. All the people I know who took drugs when they were young feel ashamed of their past actions – none of them feel a sweet nostalgia for it like the movies show you. When I have mentioned such things to others (such as my children) it was to warn them away, not to give them permission to be as stupid as I was. Drugs truly can kill!!!

What I didn’t think about then and certainly should have is how the Lord would feel about my taking drugs. I can get a pretty good clue of what things he does not appreciate me putting into my body from those laws he has specifically stated. Now, what the Lord wants would be my first concern. 1 Cor. 3:16-17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1 comments:

AJ said...

Thanks for reaffirming how I feel. I wish more people could know what you know and be willing to spread the word. Thanks for doing your part.